“Polar bears” : 24” x 36” painting on canvas using acrylic paint + oil sticks ★ 2016
All of the nature that we know exists on one planet, our planet Earth. At this time, as climate change is taking its toll on Earth, we must remember to always step back and realize that we are all part of the same Earth; we are one. We are one with the Universe; one with Nature; one with the polar bears. By learning to treat all beings with equality and respect, and appreciate the beauty in nature like the admirable trait of resilience in polar bears as they live out their days in some of the most dramatic climates, I think we can move forward towards helping them and those in nature who are in need. Falling in love with nature will only help us defend it better, through being aware and proactive with todays climate change issues.
How can you help?
- Sign these petitions to help the polar bears:
- Reduce (i.e. minimize consumption habits in terms of food and other product purchases, minimize water usage, minimize carbon footprint by using public transportation, walking, and biking, and finally minimize energy use by unplugging products when not in use and opening a window rather than using the thermostat to help cool a room), Reuse, and Recycle
- Buy local from businesses that do ethical and sustainable work (i.e. buy from local food and flea markets, buy organic food, and support local designers and second-hand stores for clothing) as well as support fair trade companies
- Use LED lightbulbs and other more sustainable products in the marketplace
- Avoid using/buying plastic as much as possible (i.e. do not buy plastic water bottles and do not use plastic bags! Always have a reusable water bottle on hand, and bring your own reusable shopping bags!)
- Educate yourself and share with others! Read articles and keep yourself informed from websites such as: